Tuesday 14 May 2019

Storm in Me

God of the gentle sea,
do you see me?
God of the raging storm,
do you hear when I call?
Do you recognise the turbulence
within this calm exterior,
can you calm the waters once again?
Reach out,
speak out,
speak into me.
“Be still”.
Will you wake when I cry,
when I am afraid,
drowning in my own fear and confusion?
Will you question my faith,
frowning down on me?
Or will you gently ask me to trust again?
No condemnation,
just concern,
and love.
The power to change -
Ranging storm to gentle sea,
turbulence to peace in me.
With a word you created,
looked,
saw,
said that it was good.
Your life brought life,
taught me to be.
And now I ask you to speak again.
One word,
to heal and restore,
to calm and change.
To reach out,
speak out,
speak into me,
the storm in me.

1 comment:

  1. Tracy - this is beautiful. Thank you for sharing from the inside - because when you do it speaks to our inner world too.

    ReplyDelete