Tuesday 1 August 2023

On the shores of Loch Long

A lot has changed in my life over the past 10 months. And it's going to take a long time to emotionally process the changes. Finding space to just be and reflect and write a bit again helps. Here's todays offering:

You take the high road,

I’ll take the low road…


Winding its way down

To the shores of Loch Long

Where the waves roll 

In 

and over me.


Here I allow myself to stop

And breathe

Observe the ebb and flow

Depositing the fragments 

of the years.

Detritus 

and treasures.


Here in silence

I walk the shores;

Acknowledge the debris

The fragile strata

Adrift and crumbling

The pain of breaking

Letting go.

Recognise the gems

The precious stones

Emerging from the battering

Smooth and strong

Seen again.


Here in seclusion

I hold the tangled mess;

Accept 

the weather-beaten knot

Of frayed rope

Unanchored

Cast upon the shore.

Cease 

striving to find

or understand

The beginning and the end

But simply sit

With the threads I hold

And weave into this fragile cord

The pain and joy

Until

I create something 

new

and beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment