Sunday 5 April 2020

Daisy

Spring is my favourite time of year - buds appear on the trees and flowers start to bloom. My children think I am a little crazy, but I especially look foward to the daisies appearing in the grass. I find a lot of joy in making a daisy chain. It's a fleeting work of art, as the daisies wilt so quickly. But perhaps that's part of the joy - realising that nothing lasts for ever.

Today I made a daisy chain, and wrote a light-hearted little piece for your amusement.

Whatever you're thinking or feeling in the midst of this coronavirus pandemic, remember this: it won't last forever.


Daisy, Daisy, I weave a chain or two,
sitting in the sunshine
two metres away from you.
It won't be a normal springtime,
going out is now a crime.
But we’ll be safe,
if we have faith,
stay home, and wash our hands too!

No comments:

Post a Comment