Thursday 5 September 2019

Dawn

Perspective can drastically alter our perceptions, as I reflected on in my last post.

Over the summer I helped take a group of young people away on a big youth camp. It was fun and rewarding hanging out with the teenagers, but I didn't get a lot of sleep! One morning I found myself awake at 3am and, despite my body still feeling exhausted from the previous busy day and gone-midnight bedtime, I was unable to go back to sleep. Initially I felt frustrated, but then I began to hear the birds starting to sing and recognised the precious joy of being able to greet the new dawn.


You wake me in the morning
dawning
realisation
that a multitude of voices are singing
bringing
glory to their maker.
Rising from slumber
embracing wonder
as emerging light
dispels the night
you invite me to join the chorus
of this creative day.

No comments:

Post a Comment